It is luscious!
I love getting new oils in the mail. It is better than Christmas when that package arrives. I checked my tracking information everyday in anticipation of getting my lime essential oil. And, I must confess it did not disappoint. As much as I love lemon, lime is better. I have a little confession to make about lemon. I don't like it in my water. I take a daily supplement of cod liver oil, which happens to be flavored with lemon essential oil. It has kind of ruined it for me. Ironically, cod liver oil is supposed to enhance memory. So, I will never be able to remember lemon oil without it being tainted by cod liver oil. This makes me ever so thankful for lime! And I will never, no never buy lime flavored cod liver oil, or orange or cinnamon, or grapefruit. Let's just keep those flavors unadulterated, shall we?
Lime has many of the same uses as lemon, so it depends on your mood for the day. It is a great cleanser and mood enhancer as well.
I asked around my essential oil community to find out how they use this oil. Here are some ideas they shared:
- "I Mix with coconut oil and sugar for a luscious body scrub."
- "It is so good in salsa, guacamole, key lime pie, stir fry, and marinades" (add one drop at a time to taste.)
- "I love the smell it gives my laundry. Add a few drops to laundry soap."
- "I rub on my joints to keep them healthy."
- "I rub on shoulder and collar bone to stimulate lymphatic system."
- "I rub on my back at night for easy breathing."
- "I diffuse lime with eucalyptus for respiratory support.
- "I rub into nails and cuticles each night with lovely results."
***Warning, may cause uncontrollable cravings for Diet Coke or pina coladas, or insanely expensive vacations to amazing tropical places. Only consume lime oil if it is recommended on the bottle.
Do you find this "pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest or Facebook.
Want more oil love? Sign up for my weekly E class below. Just click to join the party! Tips, tricks, classes and specials delivered right to your inbox!